Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design of the Archer aircraft on-board communication system from the physical layer up to the application layer
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform trade-off analysis, build prototypes and conduct simulations
- Design and develop the on-board communication system in compliance with ARP4754A, DO-178C and DO-254, and contribute to the development of a certification plan
- Author the requirements and document rationales for communication interfaces and on-board communication equipment
- Contribute to the definition of electrical and software Interface Control Documents (ICD), and proprietary protocols as necessary
- Help define the make or buy strategy, participate in supplier selection and technical oversight to acquire or develop the required technologies
What you need:
- 7+ years of experience including at least 2 years of direct aerospace certification experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Practical experience developing communication technologies at various layers of the communication stack
- Hands-on experience developing digital circuits (PCBA design), RTL design (Verilog, VHDL…) and/or software (C/C++...)
- Experience designing fault tolerant and deterministic safety critical systems involving hardware and software
- Deep understanding of aerospace communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, Ethernet, ARINC 429, AFDX/ARINC 664, TSN, TCP/IP, etc)
- Understanding of Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) concepts and standards (DO-297, ARINC-653)
- Good knowledge of ARP4754A, DO-254, and DO-178C standards
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML)
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.