Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all aspects of manufacturing for a certified electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft
- Work with the Engineering, Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure the aircraft design and supply chain is well positioned to support volume manufacturing
- Develop a greenfield aircraft manufacturing facility that will produce hundreds of aircraft per year
- Work with the FAA and Certification team to achieve the initial Production Certificate for the aircraft
- Hire a team of manufacturing and production personnel to produce the aircraft as well as several key components and systems
- Support MES and ERP system implementation
- Implement skills training and evaluation programs/processes for all levels of the manufacturing and production organization.
What you need:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in aerospace manufacturing and operations
- BS in engineering or a related field, MS preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading manufacturing for a new aerospace product from prototype to volume production
- Experience in establishing new production sites from greenfield to full operation
- Experience growing a manufacturing and production team
- Demonstrated success in continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Experience manufacturing under a FAA Production Certificate
- Experience with production and operations under AS9100
- Experience with MES and ERP systems
- Experience with composite manufacturing for aerospace applications
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing of electromagnetic systems and batteries
- Experience implementing new processes and tools
- Lean Six Sigma certification
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.