Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of manufacturing engineers developing an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Work with the Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams to select and develop manufacturing process and ensure that designs are manufacturable
- Develop robust work instructions for the production team to ensure high quality and repeatability
- Support MES system implementation
- Design operational flow of the manufacturing production line including determination of station takt times
- Design of a scalable production line that allows production rates to fluctuate based on demand without significant redesign effort
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering for aerospace products, with increasing responsibility
- BS in engineering or a related field, MS preferred
- Demonstrated success bringing a new aerospace product from prototype to volume production
- Experience scaling a team from R&D to production
- Experience manufacturing under a FAA Production Certificate
- Experience with production and operations under AS9100
- Experience with MES systems
- Experience with composite manufacturing for aerospace applications
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing of electromagnetic systems and batteries
- Experience with strategies for qualifying bond/trim tools and fixtures
- Experience implementing new processes and tools
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.