Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all aspects of procurement and supply chain supporting the development and production of a certified electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft
- Work with the Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality teams to source components and select vendors
- Develop and negotiate purchasing contracts for aircraft components, materials and services
- Collaborate with company leadership to develop a robust sourcing strategy
- Develop purchasing, supply chain, and procurement processes
- Hire a team of contracting, purchasing and inventory personnel
- Support ERP system implementation
What you need:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in supply chain and sourcing in the aerospace industry, with increasing responsibility
- BA/BS in business, engineering or a related field
- Experience establishing supply chains for new products
- Experience structuring and negotiating high value, long term supplier contracts
- Demonstrated experience scaling up production and driving down cost
- Experience working with international vendors
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with aerospace quality standards like AS9100
- Experience growing teams and establishing new processes
- Knowledge of or experience working on an aircraft type certification program
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP) or equivalent
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.