Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and design the navigation system of Archer certified avionics autonomy suite, including sensor selection, algorithms and fault tolerance
- Contribute to the definition of subsystem and item requirements of the autonomous system
- Conduct technology trade studies and solve challenging problems on topics like GNSS denied localization and precision landing
- Develop simulations and technology demonstrators to verify and demonstrate your concepts
- Propose flight demonstrators and flight instrumentation to collect data during flight test to support the development of the navigation system
- Work closely with suppliers, partners, regulators and standardization bodies to develop the required components and technologies
What you need:
- 7+ years of experience in a related field
- At least a MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Hands on experience designing, developing, building and testing navigation systems
- Deep understanding of state of the art technologies and algorithms used in areas like state estimation, perception, localization, mapping, and planning
- Broad knowledge of sensors typically used in autonomous systems (INS, radars, cameras, Lidars, radio positioning systems, etc.)
- Good understanding of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of ARP4754A, ARP4761, DA-254 / DO-178C standards
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.