Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of a comprehensive Concept of Operations to enable self-piloted operations of an eVTOL aircraft in the national airspace
- Own the system level requirements of the autonomous system, and work with the team to decompose these requirements into subsystem and item level requirements in accordance with ARP4754A
- Work closely with industry and academic partners, regulators, and standardization bodies, to consolidate the Concept of Operations, nurture technology roadmaps, and establish a robust certification plan
- Work jointly with the System Simulation team to ensure that the system design satisfies the business objectives.
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field, including experience authoring concepts of operations for complex autonomous systems
- Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace or related field
- Deep understanding of Systems Engineering principles, including ARP4754A
- Broad knowledge of avionics, including Fly-by-Wire systems, Flight Management Systems, Autopilots, Communication and Surveillance, etc.
- Strong background using Polarion, DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Excellent technical writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (SysML/UML)
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.