Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture and design of Archer certified avionics autonomy suite
- Build, lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team to define and prototype a certified avionics autonomy suite
- Define roadmaps and schedules, organize and prioritize the work, track and communicate progress
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, design the autonomous system functional and physical architectures in accordance with ARP4754A
- Work closely with suppliers, partners, regulators and standardization bodies to layout technology roadmaps, develop the required components and technologies, and establish a robust certification plan
- Conduct technology trade-studies in the areas of GPS defined navigation, precision landing, detect and avoid, path planning and other autonomy technologies
- Lead the development of technology demonstrators and studies performed internally or with academic and industry partners
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field, including experience managing teams
- At least a MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Hands on experience designing, developing, building and testing autonomous systems
- Good knowledge of sensors typically used in autonomous systems (INS, radars, cameras, Lidars, radio positioning systems, etc.)
- Good understanding of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols
- Broad understanding of state of the art technologies and algorithms used in areas like state estimation, perception, localization, mapping, planning, and decision making
- Proficiency with C++ and Python or similar scripting languages
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of ARP4754A, ARP4761, DA-254 / DO-178C standards
- Familiarity with model based system engineering tools (SysML/UML)
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.