Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement model-based design processes required for certifying GNC software for a passenger-carrying eVTOL, e.g., verification and validation processes, configuration management, quality assurance, and requirements management
- Collaborate with the Avionics team to develop and implement the processes for certifying non model-based GNC software
- Guide the architecture and design of the GNC software to facilitate testing and analysis
- Author artifacts required for certification
- Drive the GNC software through Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits 1 to 4
- Qualify tools for certified software development
- Author software requirements and test cases that drive the design of the GNC software
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering to properly decompose higher level requirements
- Collaborate with Systems Safety and Systems Engineering to identify and correct any deficiencies in the Flight Control System.
- Work with the Avionics team to define software interfaces and ensure smooth integration of the GNC software into the aircraft
- Assist in design and implementation of GNC software to meet requirements
What you need:
- 5+ years experience with model-based development of certified real-time embedded software under DO-178C / DO-331
- Experience developing systems under ARP4754A
- Proficiency in MATLAB / Simulink for qualified code generation
- Strong understanding of fly-by-wire flight control systems
- Experience in developing GNC requirements for a certified aircraft
- Strong background using Polarion, DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Experience with sensors and robotic systems with high levels of autonomy
- Experience with estimation and control techniques required for a highly augmented piloted aircraft
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.