Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Work with certification, systems engineering, systems safety, and design engineering teams to author, release, and maintain a Configuration Management Plan covering configuration planning, identification, configuration change management, status accounting, and verification & audit functions.
- Work with engineering, program management, quality, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to define an enterprise change management process, interfaces with issue tracking, and continuous improvement processes.
- Work with application engineers to ensure configuration management processes are effectively implemented in systems and tools.
- Work with leadership to strategically build a company culture embracing configuration management and train the enterprise on configuration management processes.
- Work with project teams to identify configuration items, process releases and changes, and provide relevant status accounting reports.
- Facilitate configuration change control boards and provide the chief engineer and other stakeholders change status accounting, reports, and analytics to use for continuous process improvement.
- Lead internal configuration audits.
- Own and maintain the design configuration to ensure accuracy for the enterprise. Ensure configuration control board effectivity dispositions are properly implemented.
- Develop and maintain supplier configuration management standards and lead supplier configuration audits.
What you need:
- 10 years of experience with configuration management in aircraft certification programs, including CM experience in developmental phases
- 5 years of experience executing configuration management in software systems, ideally a Product Lifecycle Management system, including workflow driven methodologies
- Experience with process development and organizational change management
- Experience with aerospace TC programs and ARP4754 processes
- Ability to read engineering drawings, ICDs, and other technical documentation
- Experience with hardware development, supply chain, manufacturing, and quality processes
- Strong communication skills for interfacing with the broader engineering, business teams, vendors, partners, customers and the IT community
- Experience with Teamcenter PLM
- Experience with DO-178/254 processes
- Experience with git
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.