Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do
- Create wiring diagrams and associated wire harness drawing documentation using Mentor Graphics Capital, Logic and HarnessXC
- Follow industry best practices and guidance for the design and installation of the wire harnesses (AC 43.13-1B, AS50881, ASTM F2639).
- Work with avionics, power plant and electrical engineering teams to define the system architecture and wiring connections, including grounding schemes and EMI mitigation strategies
- Use your knowledge of industry standard components to select optimal parts to suit specific design applications and requirements.
- Select and test custom or new components to fit specific applications, not currently available on the market. E.g. High Voltage (600V+) connectors, cables, wire insulations, etc.
- Troubleshoot and test wiring during aircraft bring up, test and operation, and offer resolutions and rework instructions when required
- Develop and refine harness assembly procedures and build instructions
- Use strong configuration and change management skills to track the changes to the components throughout the lifetime of the aircraft
What you’ll need
- 2-5 years of experience in engineering and design of aircraft wiring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience using Wiring CAD software: Mentor Graphics Capital, HarnessXC and Logic
- Strong understanding of Aerospace/Mil-Spec wiring components and their assembly procedures
- Hands on experience in the processes involved in fabricating and inspecting wire harnesses
- Knowledge of EWIS concepts, certification and experience with FAA AC 25.1701
- Experience in Mentor Graphics Custom plugin development and report generation
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Topology, HarnessXC Bridging
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.