Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that all Archer employees have reliable and timely access to all information technology required including hardware, software, application, and other tools
- Develop IT infrastructure, applications, support, and policies & procedures for the organization including operational KPIs and SLAs
- Develop an IT configuration management plan, policies, and procedures for procurement and management of IT assets including processes to audit, monitor and maintain configurations
- Develop security policies and IT systems & services and audit process to ensure compliance
- Develop an enterprise wide help desk and support system for IT equipment and services
- Work with all teams to establish an onboarding process that provides a high degree of automation to support rapid organizational growth
- Develop a process for tracking of all service contracts, maintenance schedules and other important timelines for IT equipment and services
- Manage software licenses for enterprise systems, including working together with business, engineering, manufacturing, and operations teams on budgeting and planning
- Work with certification and product lifecycle engineering teams to ensure IT processes and solutions comply with regulatory and enterprise configuration management requirements in areas such as data backups, archival & retrieval, and disaster recovery
- Work with business operations, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, and operations teams to establish roles and responsibilities for business systems selection, implementation, upgrades, and support
What you need:
- 10 years of experience with IT including leadership role in IT operations for service desk, support, infrastructure, and security
- Experience with IT operations in an engineering or manufacturing environment and managing infrastructure for business systems like Product Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Resource Management, Manufacturing Operations Management, Operations & Maintenance, etc.
- Experience with advanced technology in areas such as networking, system administration, and cloud computing
- Experience working at a startup and successfully executing a strategic IT roadmap that supports scaling business and commercial operations
- Experience with compliance to information security standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 17799/27002, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and well documented internal processes
- Experience managing Linux and Windows operating systems, hybrid on-prem and cloud environments including AWS, and enterprise & SaaS applications
- Ability to drive initiatives across cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction
- Proven track record of managing budget, priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Strong communication skills for interfacing with the broader engineering, manufacturing, and business teams, vendors, partners, customers and the IT community
- Experience with compliance to IT configuration management standards such as NIST 800-53, ITIL, etc.
- Experience maintaining HPC networking and hardware
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.