Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines to design high-reliability, safety-critical systems for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Decompose, author, and review complex sets of requirements with traceability at two or more levels for the Energy Storage System (ESS)
- Own and manage ESS requirements, plus their V&V documentation per formal change, peer review, and release processes
- Evaluate ESS architecture, analyses, and trade off studies
- Ensure requirements comply with Part 23, ASTMs, and other regulatory, industry requirements, or MIL standards
- Work with Integrated Product Team (IPT) team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define architecture, functional, interface, operational, physical, environmental, reliability, manufacturing, maintenance requirements, and their risks and assumptions
- Interface with IPT team, SMEs, and regulators on the development and review of the specific system certification substantiation artifacts
- Help improve internal processes on tools usage, configuration and change management
What you need:
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience in aerospace, auto industry, or on complex system development
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or a related technical degree
- Experience working on Energy Storage Systems with lithium-ion batteries, such as fuel cell technology, battery management system (BMS), battery cooling, high voltage power distribution and isolation, state of health / charge / energy computations, parallel / redundant battery pack systems etc.
- Strong background using Polarion, DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Excellent technical writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Familiarity with DO-311
- Worked on different phases of ARP4754A development programs
- Knowledgeable on SAE ARP4761 and worked with safety / reliability engineers
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft from start to finish under any of 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/33/35/36 or equivalent regulations
- Familiarity with ASTMs
- Worked on safety-critical complex systems with hardware, software, and qual testing per DO-178, DO-254, and DO-160
- Experience with Built-in-Test (BIT) / Built-in-Test Equipment (BITE) on system fault detection and management
- Experience in system validation & verification, including assembling validation evidence, writing system test procedure, conducting integration testing, troubleshooting problem reports
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, and tools
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.