Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and test high voltage, high power density electric motors for eVTOL applications
- Responsible for all aspects of electromagnetic designs, including stator and rotor analysis of various electric machine topologies.
- Analysis and optimization of the motor design using FEA for thermal modeling, acoustics and vibration.
- Validate simulation results through dynamometer testing
- Ownership of the electromagnetic design through all stages of development from concept, design, testing, validation, and production release and support
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and design improvements to develop the most power dense, efficient and reliable electric motor
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in electromagnetic motor design
- MS or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Experience with electromagnetic FEA software (Ansys Maxwell, Infolytica, FEMM …)
- Expert knowledge of and hands-on experience with surface and interior permanent magnet motors
- Experience with thermal modeling
- Sound knowledge of motor control and power electronics
- Experience with electrical machines of 50kW-200 kW up to 1000V
- Experience with optimizing electric machine design for power density
- Completed at least one full cycle from paper requirements to a finished product motor
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with matlab, python or other scripting languages
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.