Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines to design high-reliability, safety-critical systems for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Develop and propose Common Cause Analysis (PRAs, ZSAs and CMAs) methodologies aligned with SAE ARP4761 and other Industry recognized standards
- Perform PRAs, ZSAs and CMAs (including avionics, propulsion, and power systems) in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Generate and manage safety-derived requirements from PRAs, ZSAs and CMAs through the entire development lifecycle
- Interface with regulators and DERs on the development and review of Common Cause Analysis artifacts
- Support System-Level Safety Analysis (SFHA, PSSAs, SSAs)
What you need:
- 8+ years of Common Cause Analysis (PRAs, ZSAs and CMAs) engineering experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in SAE ARP4761 Common Cause Analysis (PRAs, ZSAs and CMAs)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interpret technical schematics, engineering drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated expertise on tools used to conduct Common Cause Analysis
- Knowledgeable on SAE ARP4754A
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft from start to finish under 14 CFR Part 23/27 or equivalent regulations (14 CFR Part 25/29)
- Prior experience on certification projects with significant software and complex electronic hardware elements; knowledgeable on RTCA DO-178 and DO-254
- Demonstrated expertise in SAE ARP4761 System-Level Safety Analysis (SFHA, PSSAs, SSAs)
- Demonstrated experience with Solidworks / NX / CATIA, or similar tool, for conducting audits of the drawings and 3D models
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.