Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the definition and documentation of streamlined software development and verification processes supporting the certification of safety critical software and complying with DO-178C
- Drive the evaluation and selection of the tools supporting the software and verification processes, organize pilot programs and manage the deployment of the tools
- Collaborate with the certification and safety team to develop the Plan for Software Aspects of Certification (PSAC)
- Guide the architecture and design of the software developed in-house in order to facilitate testing and analysis
- Take the software through Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits 1 to 4, and meet all DO-178C objectives
- Oversee the qualification of the tools to DO-330
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI), continuously monitor and improve our processes to ensure compliance, and increase safety and efficiency
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field
- Degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency with C and C++
- Experience developing safety critical software to DAL-A or B
- Mastery of the DO-178C and DO-330 standards
- Hands-on experience through the Full Software Development Life Cycle in the aviation industry
- Familiarity with diverse tools and technologies used for the development, testing and analysis of DO-178C software
- Involvement in SOI audits
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with modeling tools like UML or SysML
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.