Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Help Systems and Safety Engineering to design high-reliability, safety-critical systems for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Load regulatory requirements, ASTM standards, and other industry standards in requirements management tool
- Assist senior systems and safety engineers in requirements management, reliability calculations, trade-off analyses, and documentation release
- Develop practical knowledge of ARP4754A development process and/or ARP 4761 safety assessments for Type Certification systems
- Participate in IPT meetings and milestone reviews throughout eVTOL development phases, and coordinate for system / safety projects as needed
- Liaison with various teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to track system status and related program management tasks
- Participate in system validation and verification activities
- Assists in capturing and updating plans, processes and work instructions
What you need:
- 0+ years of systems / safety engineering experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or a related technical degree
- Excellent problem solving, technical writing, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great attitude and passion for aerospace, engineering, eVTOL, UAM, electrifying aviation
- 2+ years of relevant experience in aerospace systems and/ or safety engineering
- Previous work experience on any aircraft systems
- Any exposure to ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, or DO-311
- Have used Polarion, DOORS, Jama or similar requirements management tool
- Exposure to aircraft type certification under FAA 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/33/35/36 or equivalent regulations, and/ or ASTM standards
- Exposure to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, and tools
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.