Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture and design of the Archer cockpit avionics including pilot displays (PFD/MFD), pilot inputs, navigation and communication equipment
- Author requirements and document rationales at the subsystem and item levels
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform trade-off analysis, and design the cockpit avionics in accordance with ARP-4754A
- Contribute to the design of the cockpit layout, the realization of user interface mockups, and the development of prototypes and simulators
- Participate in supplier selection and technical oversight
- Contribute to the system integration, develop test plans, perform analysis and review test reports
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Piloting or pilot interface design experience
- Experience designing complex safety critical systems involving hardware and software
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, embedded software and communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP etc…)
- Good knowledge of ARP-4754A, DA-254 / DO-178C standards
- Understanding of Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) concepts and standards (DO-297, ARINC-653)
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Pilot license
- Experience researching and designing systems with Human Computer Interactions (User Interface, User Experience, Human Factor analysis…)
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML)
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.