Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build quantitative models to capture complex interactions between riders, flights, energy, and infrastructure that will be used to make critical design and network decisions
- Collaborate with technical experts to conduct trade studies to determine critical requirements for vehicle requirements, recharging infrastructure, operations, certification, and network development
- Identify novel problems in Urban Air Mobility (UAM) that have not yet been explored, and solve and present them to leadership
- Build online optimization and prediction models to be used in an on-demand urban transportation application
- Apply data analysis and analytics to evaluate experiments, and present findings to leadership
What you need:
- 2+ years experience with a data science programming language (Python or R are preferred), and experience with database tools (e.g. SQL or Postgres)
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Strong engineering principles and 3+ years of using programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Creative mind who can identify new and creative problems in addition to executing against known ones. Moreover, one that is able to organically apply the most appropriate technology to the given problem
- A passion for urban mobility, sustainable transportation, and the future of cities
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with using math programming solvers such as Gurobi, Xpress MP, CPLEX, or Google OR Tools in applications
- Prior experience with transportation systems, especially within aviation
- Experience with geospatial data and visualization tools
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.