Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and oversee the corporate, commercial, and transactional legal needs of Archer
- Build and maintain the legal infrastructure needed to support Archer’s business plans and strategy
- Craft legal strategy and maintain records of all new and existing legal documents and proceedings
- Identify potential litigation and regulatory risks in the Aerospace industry and offer expert advice to executive team members to protect against legal risks and liabilities
- Work alongside other departments to assist the business in compliance management and corporate governance
- Communicate with outside counsel as needed
- Ensure all aspects of Archer’s legal representation are of the highest quality
What you need:
- 10+ years of legal experience including experience at a top-tier law firm
- J.D. from a top-ranked law school preferred
- Experience in Aerospace industry or other highly regulated industries preferred
- Experience in leading and growing a Legal department
- Deep understanding of relevant laws and regulations
- Ability to identify issues and propose and implement effective solutions quickly
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fast growing environment
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritize multiple projects across multiple teams
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.