Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive, plan and conduct exploratory development efforts and supportability programs for structural composites and adhesives materials and processes (M&P)
- Develop in-house research and test plans, conduct tests on candidate materials, processes and equipment, and generate detailed reports on test results
- Lead material characterizations and support the structural design of vehicle structures
- Determine the materials and production processes for vehicle structures and other related system designs
- Define manufacturing process specifications for composite structures
- Maintain expertise in industry material trends, testing equipment, and techniques
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience across a broad range of aerospace adhesives and composites fabrication processes as well as aircraft/spacecraft design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field, M.S. preferred
- Proven experience in material selection, material testing and qualification efforts, process specification reviews, and build support
- Knowledge of standard test methods for composite and adhesive materials, including analyzing and interpreting results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written technical reports and oral presentations to technical and managerial audiences
- Experience in solving problems related to adhesives and composites M&P in a manufacturing operational setting
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering groups to develop, qualify and implement manufacturing process specifications
- Experience with analyzing and dispositioning non-conformances
- Knowledge of FAA aircraft certification requirements for Part 23 aircraft
- Deep understanding of a variety of manufacturing methods, including metallic and composite structures
- Experience in lightweight design of carbon fiber reinforced plastics is beneficial
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.