Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary engineering team in the development of new motors, batteries, mechanical mechanisms, and avionics
- Support first unit builds and testing of electromechanical systems
- Design manufacturing stands, fixtures, etc.
- Create and own the MBOM
- Create work instructions in a low overhead manufacturing environment
- Develop efficient manufacturing processes
- Support supply chain development and procurement
What you need:
- 1+ years work experience and B.S. in Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with CAD, PLM, MES, and ERP software
- Experience with precision hand tools
- Demonstrated hands-on assembly of complex systems
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
- GD&T Experience