Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary engineering team in the development of new motors, batteries, mechanical mechanisms, and avionics
- Support first unit builds and testing of electromechanical systems
- Design manufacturing stands, fixtures, etc.
- Create and own the MBOM
- Create work instructions in a low overhead manufacturing environment
- Develop efficient manufacturing processes
- Support supply chain development and procurement
What you need:
- 1+ years work experience and B.S. in Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with CAD, PLM, MES, and ERP software
- Experience with precision hand tools
- Demonstrated hands-on assembly of complex systems
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
- GD&T Experience
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.