Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Setup and test electronic equipment (avionics, batteries, etc.)
- Setup large scale test stands (weldments, 80-20, etc.)
- Collaborate with engineers in the development of new electromechanical systems
- Assist in the setup of test stations with DAQs
- Build and support prototype mechanical assemblies
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience as a Mechanical Technician
- Google suite and drawing review experience
- Familiarity with all types of electronics tools (oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.)
- Experience with general hand tools
- Experience with precision hand tools (calipers, digital Wiha’s, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven background in complex mechanical assembly
- Experience in R&D space
- Experience with high voltage batteries and electric motors
- Aerospace experience
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.