Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines to design high-reliability, safety-critical systems for an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft
- Author system requirements with traceability to higher and lower level requirements
- Work with various technical disciplines to author verification plans to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Interface with regulators and DERs on the development and review of certification substantiation artifacts
- Help establish internal processes and tools for configuration and change management
What you need:
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering
- Expertise in SAE ARP4754A processes
- Strong background with Polarion or similar requirements management tool
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledgeable on SAE ARP4761
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft from start to finish under 14 CFR Part 23/27 or equivalent regulations
- Prior experience on certification projects with significant software and complex hardware elements
- Background in RTCA DO-178 and DO-254
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.