Who we are:
Archer was founded in 2020 by a group of entrepreneurs and engineers who wanted to advance the benefits of all-electric air mobility. Archer set out to enable affordable mass transit above our cities by building Vehicles that are safer, quieter, cheaper, and more sustainable than gas-powered helicopters and airplanes. By creating the world’s leading air mobility network, we will help push the world towards a zero-emissions future.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the fast paced design of the integrated fuselage, integrated booms, and integrated wings including the design of metallic brackets, carbon structure, wire routing, etc.
- Own the prototype development process; design, BOM, procurement, assembly, test, etc.
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary engineering teams to develop simple solutions to real problems.
- Work with test engineers to develop validation and verification plans, then support the execution of these plans
- Develop supply chains and lead procurement for the designs you own
- Support first builds – hands on the aircraft
- Create top level project schedules/plans and execute on them in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor engineers and develop a positive team environment
What you need:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experience with Solidworks PDM
- 3D printing experience
- Aircraft development experience (avionics and integration specifically)
- Hands-on experience in multiple technical fields especially those related to carbon and metallic structures
- Positive can-do attitude
- Pilot and/or Aircraft experience
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production