Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of the airframe for a type certified aircraft
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of designers and analysts
- Establish standard design practices for the team, in line with industry standards and best practices
- Assist in negotiation of the structures and materials related aspects of the certification basis
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to ensure that designs are manufacturable with high quality
- Test composite structures both for internal design verification and substantiation for certification
What you need:
- 10+ years of industry experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Prior experience in an engineering leadership role
- Experience developing aircraft structures for aircraft certified under 14 CFR Part 23/CS-23 or similar regulations
- Extensive knowledge of metallic and composite materials and processes used in certified aircraft
- Practical experience with structural finite element analysis for aircraft primary structure
- Experience designing aircraft structures with redundant load paths
- Hands-on experience with composite layup and assembly
- Experience with high volume composite manufacturing methods (e.g. automated fiber placement, compression molding, resin transfer molding).
- Experience with design for damage and defect tolerance for certified composite structures
- Strong background in composite NDI techniques
- Experience with crash load analysis and testing
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.