Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build acoustic models to analyze vehicle noise sources
- Perform acoustic analysis of vehicle noise sources, both computational and experimental
- Provide technical guidance to engineering team regarding noise impact
- Prepare technical reports
What you need:
- 1-3 years of experience in related field
- BS / MS in Acoustics, Acoustic Engineering or related field
- Excellent hearing
- Experience coding in Python 3 and Matlab
- Experience using Powerflow, NASA Overflow (or similar flow solvers)
- Experience using PSU-WOPWOP, ANOPP2 (or similar aeroacoustic prediction tools)
- Strong technical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in groups and individually
- Experience setting up and operating acoustic tests
- Experience with measuring noise in diffuse fields
- Experience certifying aircraft for noise (14 CFR Part 36 or analogous method)
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.