Who We Are
Arcellx is a public, clinical-stage biotechnology company reimagining cell therapy by engineering innovative immunotherapies for patients with cancer and other incurable diseases. We believe that cell therapies are one of the forward pillars of medicine and our mission is to destroy cancer and advance humanity by developing cell therapies that are safer, more effective, and more broadly accessible.
Our team members are made up of talented innovators and dreamers working from our offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Redwood City, California. At Arcellx, we hire exceptional people and create a fun, diverse, supportive, and informal environment that allows everyone to do their best work.
What Matters to Us
Living our core values is essential to maintaining a work environment that is high-performing, inclusive, and collaborative. We look for candidates who demonstrate strong values alignment and bring different backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities to the team.
Arcellx Core Values
- Character: Committed to always doing what’s right.
- Audacity: Willing to challenge convention and share candid feedback with others.
- Determination: Curious and self-motivated. Always looking to improve and learn.
- Collaboration: "No job is too small" mentality. Humble and willing to help others.
- Originality: Will bring your unique perspective to the table and respect a diverse set of views and backgrounds.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As an Associate Scientist, your mission is to execute library-based selection strategies for novel therapeutic proteins, relying heavily on molecular biology techniques. Engaging with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, you’ll identify and develop Arcellx’s lead therapeutic candidates. Our potentially life-saving treatments would not exist without the work of our talented Discovery scientists; this role will have a tremendous impact on our pipeline and ability to deliver novel and effective drugs to patients.
The “Fine Print” – What You’ll Do
- Work with other scientists to design, generate and characterize recombinant proteins to be used in cancer therapy discovery and development.
- Assist with selection and/or screening strategies used in protein discovery workflows employing phage display, yeast display, ELISA, BLI and flow cytometry as needed.
- Communicate detailed observations on experiments and assist in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
Skills and Experience We Look For
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the life sciences (e.g., biology, genetics, biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with molecular biology methods, including primer design, PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid DNA preparation, cloning and sequence analysis using SnapGene or similar software.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work activities.
- Preferred skills include experience with methods to characterize recombinant proteins, such as ELISA, BLI, SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation and flow cytometry.
Rewards at Arcellx
Our people are our greatest asset, and supporting their well-being is an essential part of delivering on our mission and impacting the lives of patients. Putting this belief into practice means offering strong compensation and benefits.
In addition to a competitive base salary, our compensation package includes an annual bonus based on company goals and an equity (RSU) grant. We do offer relocation assistance for roles if required.
Our market-leading benefits package includes: 100% coverage for medical, dental and vision for team members and dependents, unlimited vacation, a 3-day weekend every month, fully-paid parental leave for up to 6 months, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer contribution and more.
Join us in our quest to reimagine cell therapy and destroy cancer. For more on our technology, culture, and team, go to www.arcellx.com.