Who We Are
Arcellx is a public, clinical-stage biotechnology company reimagining cell therapy by engineering innovative immunotherapies for patients with cancer and other incurable diseases. We believe that cell therapies are one of the forward pillars of medicine and our mission is to destroy cancer and advance humanity by developing cell therapies that are safer, more effective, and more broadly accessible.
Our team members are made up of talented innovators and dreamers working from our offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Redwood City, California. At Arcellx, we hire exceptional people and create a fun, diverse, supportive, and informal environment that allows everyone to do their best work.
What Matters to Us
Living our core values is essential to maintaining a work environment that is high-performing, inclusive, and collaborative. We look for candidates who demonstrate strong values alignment and bring different backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities to the team.
Arcellx Core Values
- Character: Committed to always doing what’s right.
- Audacity: Willing to challenge convention and share candid feedback with others.
- Determination: Curious and self-motivated. Always looking to improve and learn.
- Collaboration: "No job is too small" mentality. Humble and willing to help others.
- Originality: Will bring your unique perspective to the table and respect a diverse set of views and backgrounds.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As a Senior Scientist in our Cell Biology group, you will have a direct impact on the Arcellx drug pipeline, both as a thought leader and a lab-based contributor. Our transformative treatments would not exist without the work of our talented scientists. Your work as a member of our experienced cross-functional team will drive discovery, characterization, and optimization of novel cell-based therapies with life-saving potential.
The “Fine Print” – What You’ll Do
- Develop novel cell process to optimize CAR-T cell function and fitness while minimizing manufacturing time and complexity.
- Produce analytical methods for characterizing T-cell fitness pre and post research scale manufacturing from both healthy subjects and indications of interest.
- Collaborate with translational scientists to identify T-cell characteristics that correlate with long term drug potency.
- Test the optimized CAR-T products for functional activity in vitro and in vivo.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to test hypotheses on a manufacturing scale and ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data.
- Develop program strategy and drive the delivery of key pre-clinical data that supports program progression.
- Stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in advanced analytical methods and manufacturing conditions that have the potential to optimize T-cell potency.
Skills and Experience We Look For
- Ph.D. with 2-4+ years of research experience within the pharmaceutical industry or post-doctoral experience within a relevant field, or a master’s degree and 8+ years research experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in the following areas: advanced analysis techniques for flow cytometry (spectral flow cytometry experience is desirable); in vivo models of human cancer, including cell line derived xenografts and patient-derived xenografts; and manipulating T-cells.
- Proficiency with complex immune cell assays including multiparameter flow cytometry, in vitro cell based assays live cell analysis, and multiplex assays.
- Embodies the behaviors needed to communicate effectively, engage in productive collaboration, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
Rewards at Arcellx
Our people are our greatest asset, and supporting their well-being is an essential part of delivering on our mission and impacting the lives of patients. Putting this belief into practice means offering strong compensation and benefits.
In addition to a competitive base salary, our compensation package includes an annual bonus based on company goals and an equity (RSU) grant. We do offer relocation assistance for roles if required.
Our market-leading benefits package includes: 100% coverage for medical, dental and vision for team members and dependents, unlimited vacation, a 3-day weekend every month, fully-paid parental leave for up to 6 months, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer contribution and more.
Join us in our quest to reimagine cell therapy and destroy cancer. For more on our technology, culture, and team, go to www.arcellx.com.