Who We Are
Arcellx is a public, clinical-stage biotechnology company reimagining cell therapy by engineering innovative immunotherapies for patients with cancer and other incurable diseases. We believe that cell therapies are one of the forward pillars of medicine and our mission is to destroy cancer and advance humanity by developing cell therapies that are safer, more effective, and more broadly accessible.
Our team members are made up of talented innovators and dreamers working from our offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Redwood City, California. At Arcellx, we hire exceptional people and create a fun, diverse, supportive, and informal environment that allows everyone to do their best work.
What Matters to Us
Living our core values is essential to maintaining a work environment that is high-performing, inclusive, and collaborative. We look for candidates who demonstrate strong values alignment and bring different backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities to the team.
Arcellx Core Values
- Character: Committed to always doing what’s right.
- Audacity: Willing to challenge convention and share candid feedback with others.
- Determination: Curious and self-motivated. Always looking to improve and learn.
- Collaboration: "No job is too small" mentality. Humble and willing to help others.
- Originality: Will bring your unique perspective to the table and respect a diverse set of views and backgrounds.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As an Associate Scientist in our Cell Biology group, you will have a direct impact on the Arcellx drug pipeline as a lab-based contributor, supporting one or more major projects. Our transformative treatments would not exist without the work of our talented scientists. Your contribution as a member of our experienced cross-functional team will drive discovery, characterization, and optimization of novel cell-based therapies with life-saving potential.
The “Fine Print” – What You’ll Do
- Handle, isolate and manipulate primary human immune cells (e.g. PBMC, BMMC, T cells and monocytes) and cultured cell lines.
- Produce research-scale lentivirus, analyze lentiviral quality, and determine viral integration into cell lines or primary human T-cells.
- Conduct complex immune assays including in vitro cell-based assays (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, degranulation), multiplex assays (e.g. MSD) and live cell analysis (e.g. Incucyte).
- Flow cytometry acquisition and analysis to evaluate antigen expression and protein binding.
- Process blood and tissues from animal studies for analysis.
- Execute ELISAs (commercial kits and custom assays) to measure cytokines, proteins and/or other biomarkers.
- Utilize common software including GraphPad Prism, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Flow Cytometry Analysis Software (FlowJo) to analyze, record and present your results.
Skills and Experience We Look For
- B.S. degree with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: cell therapy, T-cell biology, tumor immunology or the use of biologics in anti-cancer therapy.
- Experience manipulating T-cells and running complex immune cell assays.
- Basic molecular biology skills required for DNA extraction, real-time PCR analysis to assess viral integration, and generating mRNA through in vitro transcription is desirable.
- Embodies the behaviors needed to communicate effectively, engage in productive collaboration, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
Rewards at Arcellx
Our people are our greatest asset, and supporting their well-being is an essential part of delivering on our mission and impacting the lives of patients. Putting this belief into practice means offering strong compensation and benefits.
In addition to a competitive base salary, our compensation package includes an annual bonus based on company goals and an equity (RSU) grant. We do offer relocation assistance for roles if required.
Our market-leading benefits package includes: 100% coverage for medical, dental and vision for team members and dependents, unlimited vacation, a 3-day weekend every month, fully-paid parental leave for up to 6 months, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer contribution and more.
Join us in our quest to reimagine cell therapy and destroy cancer. For more on our technology, culture, and team, go to www.arcellx.com.