Arcellx, Inc. (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company reimagining cell therapy by engineering innovative immunotherapies for patients with cancer and other incurable diseases. Arcellx believes that cell therapies are one of the forward pillars of medicine and our mission is to advance humanity by developing cell therapies that are safer, more effective, and more broadly accessible. Our offices are located in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and Redwood City, California.
Arcellx's lead product candidate, CART-ddBCMA, is being developed for the treatment of relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (r/r MM) in an ongoing study. CART-ddBCMA has been granted Fast Track, Orphan Drug, and Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy designations by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Arcellx is also advancing its dosable and controllable CAR-T therapy, ARC-SparX, through two programs: ACLX-001 for r/r MM and ACLX-002 in relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome.
We are looking for talented associate scientists to join our Discovery team. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a modern and fast-paced biotechnology environment. They will work with a cross-functional team responsible for the discovery and development of novel therapeutic proteins and should be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability.
At Arcellx, we value passion, curiosity, determination, and diversity, and look for candidates who demonstrate a genuine interest in our mission and alignment with our values.
- Working with other scientists to design, generate and characterize recombinant proteins.
- Execute selection and screening strategies used in discovery workflows.
- Plan, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Master’s degree in the life sciences (g., biology, genetics, biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering).
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Proficient with molecular biology methods, including primer design, PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid DNA preparation, cloning and sequence analysis.
- Experience in with characterization of recombinant proteins, including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation, etc.
- Has character and integrity. Committed to always doing what’s right.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously. Can produce top-quality work with little oversight.
- "No job is too small" mentality. Humble and willing to help others.
- Able to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Gives direct, candid, and respectful feedback. Can receive feedback with curiosity and without getting defensive.
- Always looking to improve and challenge the status quo. Gritty and determined.