To get more insights about our developer culture, please check out this page before application: Arc & Codementor Engineering Recruitment. You may find some of your questions answered regarding the company operations and how the team works. We hope the information will help you with a more complete evaluation!
What you might do
- For each product development cycle, together with the team, discuss and come up with the best plan for key functions to achieve our goals as well as develop key tracking data.
- Work with front-end engineers and product designers to turn every detail into a perfect process experience, thus creating exquisite products for the customers.
- Together with the team, review and discuss customer reviews and data collected after each product launch, then revise them for subsequent development cycles.
- Discuss, create, and review codes to produce readable and maintainable codes.
- Evaluate suitable technical tools and frameworks that can help to improve the whole product development and testing process.
- Gain in-depth understanding of back-end development process and potential difficulties. So when facing unknown unknowns, strategic plans to promote various technical protocols can be made.
- Assist other engineers to solve various problems (technical issues, development process, framework selection..etc)
- Being able to share software developing knowledge in various Developer Team's regular meetings and discussions and guide team members to improve their skills to the same technical level.
- Gain insight into both team and cross-team cooperation problems and actively propose discussions that can help maximize the team's productivity.
What you should have
- Familiar with Web Development and experience with implementing API with good semantics
- Familiar with software testing concepts (Unit Test, Acceptance Test)
- Turn complicated needs into understandable and maintainable models
- Be familiar with relational databases, turn business logics into good Table Schema, select required column to create Index to improve performance, and use correct Isolation Level to prevent race condition
- Good English reading and writing skills
- Have at least 6 hours overlap with Taiwan time (UTC +8)
Nice to have
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, RSpec
- Familiar with PostgreSQL
- Familiar with AWS, Heroku
- Familiar with Prometheus
- Familiar with Elasticsearch
- Familiar with Grafana
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Regular team bonding events
- Free Kindle book program
- Remote work stipend
- Birthday and work anniversary celebrations
- Work with a diverse and energetic global team