Arcana is seeking to change the Digital Asset investing landscape. Arcana combines proprietary datasets, rigorous analysis tooling and best-in-class data integrity to enable the world’s top institutions to make high-impact decisions about digital asset strategy and allocation.
The company’s $5.3M seed round was led by Duquesne (Stan Druckenmiller), Tiger Global, Abstract Ventures, CMS Holdings, GoldenTree Asset Management, Floating Point Group (institutional crypto exchange), Kevin Hu (GP Dragonfly), Ryan Roslansky (CEO LinkedIn), Sandeep Nailwal (Cofounder Polygon), Akshay Kothari (COO Notion), Santiago Santos, Folius Ventures, and many other strategic angels.
What we're looking for
We are looking for engineers to join the team to build out the Arcana data pipeline, which ingests data from a variety of sources, including internal systems, 3rd party data providers, data APIs, and blockchains. You will help build and maintain the transformation and cleaning steps of our pipeline before it can be stored and accessed by our customers in a standardized fashion. You will build components within the ETL pipeline that automate these cleaning and transformation steps. As you gain more experience, you’ll contribute to increasingly challenging engineering projects within our broader data infrastructure.
This role is based in Toronto / Remote.
- Write code and design pipeline architecture
- Build data pipelines that support the ingestion, analysis, and enrichment of various data
- Improve the existing pipeline to increase the throughput and accuracy of data
- Track data quality and latency, and set up monitors and alerts to ensure smooth operation
- Develop and own best practices for distributed & blockchain systems with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Work closely with analysts, engineers, and Product Managers to develop our data analytics and research platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years experience with modern distributed, backend systems & data technologies
- Interested in learning new technologies to solve customer needs with lots of creative freedom
- Have experience with building products and/or have the curiosity to think through the holistic product picture.
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company: equity options
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Unlimited paid time off vacation policy
- Fun weekly team building events
The founding team have strong experience at top tier tech & hedge fund firms:
- Rich Falk-Wallace (CEO) was most recently a Portfolio Manager at Citadel running a large portfolio and team of seven investment analysts and associates, before which he worked in senior roles at Viking Global ($30B AUM), and Silver Point Capital ($10B), and began his career in investment banking at JPMorgan after graduating from Columbia in Economics.
- Siva Sooriyan was most recently a Director of Engineering at LinkedIn, where he was the head of the Video, Live, Stories, Events & Conferencing teams running a large engineering organisation; before LinkedIn, he graduated from Carnegie Mellon with an MS in IT, and has worked in eBay & IBM.