Arcana is seeking to change the Web3 investing landscape. The company is building the datasets, analysis tools and investor process infrastructure to enable institutional investors to approach crypto seriously as an asset class. Today, almost all data/analysis tools in the space provide information that is backward looking, non-standardized across assets or not objective. Arcana is fundamentally leveling-up the crypto investing process with a unique approach to data sourcing and analyst infrastructure.
The company’s $5.3M seed round was led by FTX, Duquesne (Stan Druckenmiller), Tiger Global, Abstract Ventures, CMS Holdings, GoldenTree Asset Management, Floating Point Group (institutional crypto exchange), Kevin Hu (GP Dragonfly), Ryan Roslansky (CEO LinkedIn), Sandeep Nailwal (Cofounder Polygon), Akshay Kothari (COO Notion), Santiago Santos, Folius, Sean Pi (Cofounder Skolem) and many other strategic angels.
What we're looking for
We are looking for engineers with strong backend, data infrastructure experience to join the founding team to build out the infrastructure systems that integrate the blockchains, dapps and the Arcana data pipelines and infrastructure. You will get to work closely with the founders, product manager, design, full stack engineers, Data scientist to build out the first version of Arcana.
- Architecting, building, and maintaining the infrastructure to interact with multiple blockchains, orchestrating a fleet of microservices to facilitating the flow of real-time data
- Design, develop and support high quality, reliable, low latency data pipelines, warehouses and reporting systems.
- Track data quality and latency, and set up monitors and alerts to ensure smooth operation
- Develop and own best practices for distributed & blockchain systems with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Work closely with analysts, engineers, and Product Managers to develop our data analytics and research platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to create, test and maintain data models
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience with modern distributed, backend systems & data technologies
- Curiosity in Web3 technologies and have tinkered in this space. Having a passion for building tools to help customers understand the space is a plus.
- Interested in learning new technologies to solve customer needs with lots of creative freedom
- have experience with building products and/or have the curiosity to think through the holistic product picture.
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company: equity options
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options (Arcana covers 100%)
- Unlimited paid time off vacation policy
- Complete office set up with latest technology: M1 MacBook Pro, 4K Monitors
- Fun weekly team building events
The founding team have strong experience at top tier tech & hedge fund firms:
- Rich Falk-Wallace (CEO) was most recently a Portfolio Manager at Citadel running a large portfolio and team of seven investment analysts and associates, before which he worked in senior roles at Viking Global ($30B AUM), and Silver Point Capital ($10B), and began his career in investment banking at JPMorgan after graduating from Columbia in Economics.
- Siva Sooriyan was most recently a Director of Engineering at LinkedIn, where he was the head of the Video, Live, Stories, Events & Conferencing teams running a large engineering organisation; before LinkedIn, he graduated from Carnegie Mellon with an MS in IT, and has worked in eBay & IBM.