Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Research Manager-Utility & Tariff Data to join the Operations team. This individual will have an opportunity to be the key person in the company responsible for and owning the rate data which is a critical part of the Arcadia energy platform. The person will closely work with Product , Engineering and Commercial teams on data strategies and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a background in research and analysis and experience of the electricity domain including electricity pricing and rate policy.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the functional and technical expert on the internal data models and structures
- Lead the research on policies influencing the rate structures
- Local expert on utility data including electricity tariffs, incentives and ancillary programs
- Consulting across business operations, providing mentorship, and contributing specialized knowledge
- Recommending solutions and determining requirements for improvements of the internal tools and processes
- Documenting processes and disseminating information to all relevant stakeholders
What will help you succeed:
- 5-10 Experience leading or working in a research capacity. Academic research will be considered
- Advanced ability to recommend and implement technical solutions for cross-functional projects
- Sound knowledge of SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the Electricity pricing and renewable energy domain (solar, storage, demand response, EVs)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts.
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 15 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Annual budget to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops or anything that contributes to professional development
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $85,000 to $145,000. There will also be a competitive benefits and equity (bonus if applicable) component to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.