Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are a rapidly growing Enterprise Solutions team responsible for building and growing Arcadia’s enterprise software line of business, also known as our Developer Platform. Arcadia has developed the digital business infrastructure for the decentralized clean energy economy, providing new energy economy companies with the tools to transform their offerings, create and capture new sources of value, and accelerate the decarbonization transition. We lead go-to-market planning and implementation, full sales cycle management, solution design, technical scoping, and implementation for our enterprise customers. Our enterprise customers and prospects typically operate in energy or energy-adjacent sectors (e.g., leading EV companies, solar and storage companies, energy services providers). Arcadia’s one-of-a-kind platform allows them to enhance their products and services by offering unparalleled access to utility data, energy analytics, a financial payments layer with bundled utility billing, and clean energy services solutions. As the primary market-facing organization within Arcadia, this team also plays a critical role in shaping the long-term product roadmap by looking ahead at evolving market needs and opportunities in the clean energy economy.
We are seeking an experienced leader to drive enterprise business development and sales engagements with pioneering companies in the new energy economy. This person will be responsible for helping develop our sales and go-to-market efforts, and for managing the lifecycle of sales engagement with sophisticated enterprise customers. The ideal candidate can speak about distributed energy resources and APIs in the same sentence and will establish themself as a trusted advisor to both internal and external stakeholders about how Arcadia’s software capabilities can unlock significant value. A proven ability to build high-level relationships with senior executives, and facility in understanding business needs of prospective customers will be crucial to success in this role. This role will require an ability to both “roll up the sleeves” to drive engagements forward, as well as an understanding of how to build and direct a team of complementary skill sets to support the accelerating growth of the business over the next 12+ months.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Map out the real estate ecosystem, including owners and landlords, property and facility managers, and the technology and service providers that serve the real estate market
- Help build enterprise go-to-market and sales engagement strategy, including priority use cases, target accounts and contacts, messaging and demand generation, and potential channel partners
- Drive active Enterprise opportunities over the full lifecycle of sales engagement, from synthesizing initial customer needs through negotiating commercial terms and ongoing executive level support as the customer grows
- Establish and nurture relationships with executive sponsors across the industry, demonstrating thought leadership and an understanding of evolving business needs in the decentralized energy economy
- Maintain accurate pipeline and up to date sales forecast in CRM tool
- Focus on building pipeline, driving new business revenue, and hitting assigned sales targets
What will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in enterprise sales, solutions consulting, at a relevant startup, or in the utility/energy/ESG sectors
- Familiarity with real estate and proptech markets
- Experience selling SaaS solutions, especially those in the energy management and sustainability space
- Track record of achieving assigned sales targets
- Active, empathetic listening skills and curiosity to develop, respond to, and champion a deep, nuanced understanding of our customers and their needs
- Proven track record to build and nurture relationships with sophisticated enterprise partners, and negotiating commercial terms to build mutually beneficial outcomes
- Experience building and leading a team to support achieving customer growth milestones
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a renewable energy future
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 15 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Annual budget to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops or anything that contributes to professional development
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.