Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2014, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an Assistant or Associate General Counsel to join the Legal team. This role is for an attorney with excellent judgment, a high level of curiosity, and good business sense. We are looking for someone who has a self-starter attitude and that is excited to hit the ground running and quickly add value to mission-critical projects for Arcadia. This individual should be able to distill complex problems and provide streamlined, actionable legal advice to an exceptionally fast-paced commercial business team.
This role is based in the Washington DC area, New York, or a remote setting in an Arcadia registered state and will report to the Deputy General Counsel. Additionally, the Assistant or Associate General Counsel will collaborate frequently with the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel, the community solar, business development, product, engineering, marketing, human resources, and finance teams, as well as outside counsel.
What you’ll do:
- Transactional: Draft, review, edit, and negotiate contracts with a wide range of individuals, non-profits, and business organizations
- Compliance: Assist with management of compliance program, and help to advise business units on compliance with legal, regulatory and third party obligations
- Product counsel: Advise on the design, creation, and deployment of new products and features; participate as a legal advisor on major business transactions
- Fundraising: Provide legal support to the company through its next rounds of fundraising
- Leadership: Lead by example as a member of the legal team to foster a workplace with the highest moral, ethical, and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity; help establish the legal team as a trusted partner and key ingredient to business growth
What will help you succeed:
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials, and a state bar member in good standing in a state where Arcadia does business (NYC or DC preferred)
- 5+ years of legal practice, including demonstrated success as in-house counsel and/or outstanding and highly relevant experience at a top law firm
- Extremely practical and business-oriented approach with strong attention to detail
- Client-service orientation and demonstrated success in handling competing deadlines for multiple internal stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Willingness to take feedback, learn, and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
- Outstanding judgment and uncompromising professional ethics
- Community Solar, Energy Regulatory, or Utility Experience
- Experience with high growth, venture-funded SAAS startups
- Demonstrated excellence at assessing risk with a flexible risk tolerance matched to the company’s objectives
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.