Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We’re hiring an experienced product leader to run our Shared Services group, which includes utility data, tariff data, and energy analytics – the backbone of Arcadia’s product offerings across multiple lines of business.
This individual will manage an existing team of PMs, hire and coach additional PMs as the company grows, and collaborate cross-functionally to ship impactful work that furthers our company goals. They will work closely with Engineering and all other major functions to develop a technical strategy and roadmap that helps scale our existing capabilities and set strategic priorities for new ways we can create value for our customers in the future.
This role is based in New York City; our Washington, DC headquarters; or remote in the US and will report to the Senior Director of Product.
What you'll do:
- Develop a compelling strategy and roadmap for the Shared Services group (utility data, tariff data, energy analytics), which provides core capabilities that power all of Arcadia’s revenue generating teams
- Research and synthesize needs of other engineering teams at Arcadia
- Collaborate with engineering and other stakeholders to ship new, impactful changes and help scale our current capabilities – including organizing user research and preparing requirements docs as needed
- Mentor and build out a team of product managers, and work with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve our goals
- Model best-in-class product development skills and help shape process and standards for the product management team
- Manage complex projects across multiple teams, and evangelize your group’s work within the organization
- Balance long-term bets with short term improvements, optimizing for speed of learning and time to impact
- Bring a fresh perspective to our team, offering suggestions we haven’t considered, pointing out problems that need to be solved, and helping us move forward in our mission
What will help you succeed:
- 8+ years of product management experience, including significant experience managing other product managers
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire and motivate teams and manage change
- Experience with platform / infrastructure and/or data products
- Deep curiosity, a growth mindset, and drive to resolve ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience aligning and influencing cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of or experience in the energy industry
- Previous technical experience (technical degree, prior work experience as a software engineer or technical PM)
- Experience as a manager of managers
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector