Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an experienced, driven, and entrepreneurial Business Development Associate to grow our community solar business by forming relationships with leading project developers, channel sales partners, and energy consumers. Community solar is the fastest-growing segment of the solar market, and Arcadia has been a driving force for the market’s shift toward simple, customer-friendly product offerings that enable massive scale. The Associate will play a key role in continuing to increase our market share & deliver value to Arcadia’s business partners and customers.
To be successful, the Associate will need to develop relationships, manage multiple time sensitive priorities, drive opportunities from early stages all the way through to contract execution, and be a collaborative team player who can adapt to the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing organization.
The Associate will work closely with our business development, operations, product, and regulatory teams.
NOTE: Remote location is accepted.
What you'll do:
- Cultivate new community solar business partners and close sales
- Negotiate win-win contracts with new and existing partners
- Manage a sales pipeline and achieve performance against forecasts
- Manage sales priorities and assist in closing sales for channel partners
- Maintain exceptional subject matter expertise in community solar policy and market intelligence
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B sales role and a track record of achieving sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to negotiated complex deals, and build credibility & rapport with counter-parties
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information into a simple, persuasive pitch
- Indisputable discretion and maturity; commitment to maintaining our trustworthy, customer-centric reputation and company values at all times
- Organization and strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25% of time)
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience working in the community solar market and corresponding subject matter expertise
- Extensive connections within energy or real estate
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector