Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are a rapidly growing Enterprise Solutions team responsible for building and growing Arcadia’s enterprise software line of business, also known as our Developer Platform. We lead go-to-market planning and implementation, full sales cycle management, solution design, technical scoping, and implementation for our Enterprise customers. Our enterprise customers and prospects operate in energy or energy-adjacent sectors (i.e. leading EV companies, solar companies/other DER providers, energy services providers). Arcadia’s one-of-a-kind platform allows them to enhance their products and services by offering unparalleled access to utility data, energy analytics, bundled utility billing, and energy services solutions.
We are seeking a Solution Consultant to support go-to-market efforts for our Enterprise Solutions business unit. Specifically, this person will be responsible for supporting our growing pipeline of opportunities and developing a rich understanding of the market landscape, all while defining how Arcadia can best position itself to create and capture new market opportunities. The ideal candidate can speak about distributed energy resources and APIs in the same sentence, and will establish themself as a trusted advisor to both internal and external stakeholders about how Arcadia’s software capabilities can unlock significant value. The ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, and driven to take ownership of new work products that will unlock new business opportunities for Arcadia and our Enterprise clients.
This role can be based in Washington, D.C., New York, or remote. Please submit a cover letter to demonstrate your interest in the role and our industry, while also serving as an example of your writing abilities.
What you'll do:
- Support the deal flow of active Enterprise opportunities through market research, business case analysis, meeting preparation, and the creation of related slide presentations and proposals
- Actively participate in external sales and other business development/market discovery meetings
- Assess the market landscape to target new areas of growth and identify prospective opportunities
- Conduct research on potential competition to help refine Arcadia’s positioning within the market, including pricing
- Support the development of new go-to-market strategies and business models to create and capture value through the management of energy services on the Arcadia platform.
What will help you succeed:
- BA/BS degree or similar college-level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant analyst experience as a management consultant, at a relevant startup, or in the utility/energy sector
- Familiarity with the current state of the utility sector and a demonstrated understanding of and interest in topics related to electrification, energy distribution, and decarbonization
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Active, empathetic listening skills and curiosity to develop, respond to, and champion a deep, nuanced understanding of our customers and their needs
- Ability to collaborate across departments to execute requests against tight deadlines
- Positive, team-first attitude and track record of being an invaluable partner to salespeople, engagement managers, and other colleagues
- Proficient in Excel (financial/business case modeling), PowerPoint (slide decks), and Word (proposals)
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a renewable energy future
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector