Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We’re a climate-change-fighting tech company on a mission to reimagine the closed, complex way of powering our homes and businesses. Our technology is lighting a cleaner path forward for everyone, from everyday consumers and small businesses, to the innovators building the next generation of energy products.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a customer-focused and business-oriented Product Designer to join our Onboarding squad. This individual will design experiences that enable customers to sign up and get started with Arcadia. We have built an innovative and powerful platform that integrates with 125+ utilities across all 50 states, enabling consumers to power their homes with clean energy through their existing utility. Arcadia’s Onboarding flow offers a unique challenge that requires solving for a multitude of utility-specific needs and complex product requirements in parallel. Our ideal candidate is proficient in designing solutions that enable users to comprehend and complete tasks, while removing as much friction as possible.
This role will report to the Director of Product Design. Additionally, this candidate will collaborate frequently with other designers and/or a Design Lead — as well as Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts/Data Scientists, Researchers, Marketers, Policymakers, and Energy SMEs.
What you'll do:
- Work with your team to problem solve and explore divergent concepts, while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards a product vision
- Utilize customer research, qual/quant data, strategic guidance, and Arcadia’s platform capabilities/constraints to narrow directions and come up with the best possible design solution to a given initiative
- Design in both low fidelity sketches and fully functioning prototypes, to clearly communicate your ideas to your direct team, stakeholders, and execs.
- Contribute to a growing design system and component library
- Inspire the company with visualizations and detailed customer experience schematics/blueprints that can help to inform the product roadmap and company vision
What will help you succeed:
- 3–5 years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or ui/ux designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work, a deep understanding of customer needs, and unique approaches to problem solving
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, flows, schematics and visual designs across a range of platforms and devices, including web, iOS and Android
- An excellent eye for visual design including color, layout, and typography
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Proficiency with Figma and/or Sketch required
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Principle, Framer, etc.)
- Ability to successfully prioritize projects and focus on the things that matter most
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment that includes addressing and acting on feedback
- Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience running customer research studies and usability testing sessions
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.