Join a mashup of energy enthusiasts and creative tech wizards who are taking the fight to climate change. Disrupt and reimagine the energy experience using modern technologies.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
We have built an innovative and powerful set of capabilities that allow us to integrate with our members’ utility accounts across all 50 states and seamlessly provide them access to clean energy. These disruptive capabilities allow for a whole new category of consumer products to enter the market.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Principal Engineer to join and help build our new API Platform, responsible for packaging and exposing our core climate tech capabilities to enable third parties to create new energy products. This individual will partner closely with our Corporate Development and Product team, working alongside a team of amazing engineers to shape our offering and bring it to life. By helping inform the architecture, implementation, and developer experience, the Principal Engineer will work to maximize the effectiveness of our platform, and ultimately join us on our quest to accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence how our team builds and stays relevant, and work in a fast-paced environment with engineers on a high-morale, tightly knit team. Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
We are prioritizing hiring for our D.C. and NYC offices, but we are open to fully remote candidates residing in CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MD, NJ, NM, NY, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WA. This role will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager of Developer Platform. Additionally, this candidate will collaborate frequently with other engineers as well as the Product, Enterprise Solutions, Member Experience, and Analytics & Data Science teams.
What you'll do:
- Empower third parties to create their own class of renewable energy offerings by ensuring scalable and resilient climate tech API solutions
- Develop and maintain a great developer experience for our customers’ engineering teams
- Guide architectural decisions that set us up for success in the future
- Lead and mentor a growing engineering team, establishing best practices and processes for successful execution of B2B deliverables
- Partner with the Corporate Development and Product teams to inform and influence our growth strategy and roadmap
- Assist with creating the technology that will allow the inception of a new category of energy offerings
What will help you succeed:
- Experience working on APIs as a Product, and well-versed in the architecture and design choices that enable it to scale
- Experience building performant and highly-available backend systems in at least one server-side language (eg: Ruby, Python, Java, C#)
- Experience building documentation portals, admin consoles, QA sandboxes, and other tools to aid with the developer experience
- Experience building B2B products, including interfacing directly with end customers and participating in the sales process
- Experience designing and coordinating post-launch support programs for B2B partners
- Willingness to act as both a player and coach, often rolling up your own sleeves
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (eg: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to collaborate, mentor, learn from other engineers, and treat colleagues with empathy and respect
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector