Join a mashup of energy enthusiasts and creative tech wizards who are taking the fight to climate change. Disrupt and reimagine the energy experience using modern technologies.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Staff Engineer to join the Billing team to help continue advancing our billing platform. We're looking for an experienced engineer who exhibits grit, flexibility, and tranquility in the face of a rapidly changing regulatory landscape while supporting a critical payments infrastructure. The Billing platform is at the heart of the company and is responsible for the technology that manages all cash flow. The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who can take a lot of pressure out of high-stakes applications and is genuinely excited to expand renewable energy access to millions of households across the country.
We are prioritizing hiring for our D.C. and NYC offices, but we are open to fully remote candidates residing in CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MD, NJ, NM, NY, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WA. This position is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with a modern payments infrastructure with engineers on a high-morale, tightly knit team. Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
What you'll do:
- Serve on the implementation team responsible for revenue critical workflows related to statement generation, payments processing, and utility and solar project developer remittances.
- Partner with Analytics, Finance, Product, and Engineering teams to shape product design and specifications in both our direct-to-consumer and enterprise payments offerings.
- Architect solutions around optimizing, scaling, and developing well-architected Rails applications deployed via Kubernetes on AWS.
- Build and maintain REST/GraphQL APIs that effectively serve payments and remittance data to a variety of different clients and stakeholders.
- Frequently deploy new functionality to production with a streamlined CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate frequently with other engineers, give thoughtful code review, and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Identify and advocate for opportunities and improvements within the billing domain and the Engineering team at-large.
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software engineering role, supporting high-availability, large-scale web applications
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear, actionable information for product managers, designers, data analysts, and other engineers
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers across experience levels with a demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback in code and design reviews
- Ability to architect, scope, prioritize, estimate, and deliver on projects while managing the balance between shipping code quickly and shipping code perfection
- Experience with payment security principles, PCI compliance, payment clearing networks, etc.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Ruby & Ruby on Rails.
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- PostgreSQL (or similar relational database)
- Docker & kubernetes
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.