Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer, Developer Platform to drive design in our greenfield Enterprise business and bring Arcadia’s platform capabilities to businesses and software developers of all sizes. This individual will partner closely with the Enterprise product, engineering, and business development teams to define our API offerings, implement user-friendly developer tools/experiences, and communicate those capabilities to potential customers through showing vs telling.
We have built an innovative and powerful platform that integrates with 125+ utilities across all 50 states. These disruptive capabilities will allow for a whole new category of energy products to enter the market and move the world towards a smarter and more efficient grid.
This role is based in New York City, NY or Washington, D.C. and will report to the Director of Product Design. Additionally, this candidate will collaborate frequently with other designers as well as Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts/Data Scientists, Business Development Teams, Researchers, Marketers, Policymakers, and Energy SMEs.
What you'll do:
- Navigate technical challenges of creating complex tools for both developers and their Enterprise end-users
- Work with your team to problem solve and explore divergent concepts, while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards a product vision
- Utilize customer research, qual/quant data, strategic guidance, and Arcadia’s platform capabilities/constraints to narrow design directions and come up with the best possible solution to a given initiative
- Design in both low fidelity sketches and fully functioning prototypes, to clearly communicate your ideas to your direct team, stakeholders, and execs
- Contribute to a growing design system and component library
- Inspire new ideas through expert knowledge of other enterprise- and developer-focused products
- Mentor and coach other members of the design team through building a professional rapport, contributing to design critiques, and participating in design pairing/working sessions
What will help you succeed:
- 5–7+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or ui/ux designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work, a deep understanding of customer needs, and unique approaches to problem solving
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, flows, schematics and visual designs across a range of platforms and devices, including web, iOS and Android.
- An excellent eye for visual design including color, layout, and typography
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Proficiency with Figma and/or Sketch required
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Principle, Framer, etc.)
- Self-sufficient with the ability to successfully prioritize projects and focus on the things that matter most
- Proactive about fulfilling design needs across product, website and other deliverables such as product demos
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment that includes addressing and acting on feedback
- Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing technical products or developer tools
- Experience in B2B enterprise SaaS
- Experience running customer research studies and usability testing sessions
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector