Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an energetic, highly organized, and savvy Customer Experience Associate to join our Member Experience Team based in Washington, DC. This individual will report to a Customer Experience Team Lead and will start off as a 100% remote position, with the potential to move into an in-office role in Washington, DC or New York, NY. As a result, significant experience and proven success in a work-from-home environment is a must to start.
Our Customer Experience Associates are responsible for ensuring that Arcadia members experience best-in-class service and support across multiple channels by acting as subject matter experts who can both problem-solve & connect with customers on a human level. This role will not only allow the right candidate to be part of a collaborative and supportive team, but also work on the front lines to directly fuel Arcadia’s growth & success.
The Customer Experience Associate position requires significant attention to detail and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Customer Experience Associates are also privy to private data and information, and must demonstrate the utmost discretion and integrity at all times.
What you'll do:
- Communicate with Arcadia partners and customers via phone, email, and live chat
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service by assisting members with account activation, answering questions regarding billing, helping them navigate the Arcadia platform, and much more
- Build and maintain expertise on our evolving products and the energy industry to help educate customers & provide an exceptional customer experience
- Collaborate with our Member Accounts team to escalate, troubleshoot, and ultimately resolve billing discrepancies
- Use critical thinking and solution-focused problem-solving skills, as well as effectively market and drive member sign-ups through our support channels
- Leverage customer interactions to provide our Product and Marketing teams feedback that influence & improve our platform, services, and internal processes
- Effectively market and drive member sign-ups through Arcadia and partner support channels
What will help you succeed:
- 2+ years in a customer experience/support role, preferably in an online environment
- Can demonstrate successfully meeting and exceeding expectations in a work-from-home environment
- Ability to effectively and productively work with others as a team, while operating as a self-starter
- Ability to multitask, think on one’s feet, and navigate difficult situations with empathy & a positive mindset
- Impeccable judgment when trusted with sensitive, non-public data and information
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Training hours: 10am to 6pm EST, Monday-Friday
- Working hours: 9am to 6pm EST, Monday-Friday
- Experience working in tech or startups
- Experience with Zendesk or another customer support ticketing system
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) with excellent verbal & written communication skills in both languages
- Knowledge of the renewable energy space and a demonstrated passion for working at a mission-driven organization
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.