Arcadia is seeking a web application developer to join our high-paced development team that is transforming healthcare. We empower healthcare teams with beautiful, easy-to-use software that mines hundreds of millions of health records and presents highly interactive visual insights, guiding the decisions that improve lives and reverse the trend of explosive healthcare costs.
Come help us integrate massive clinical datasets and financial data feeds for real-time insights to health, quality of care, and medical expense. We work with some of the best healthcare organizations around the country.
What will you be doing?
- Design and develop highly-available, fault tolerant, secure, and distributed systems; both from the ground up and from pre-existing codebases
- Impart advanced knowledge with respect to software design patterns, cloud architecture, and DevOps practices (e.g. infrastructure as code, ChatOps)
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technology paradigms (e.g. serverless) and lead development of PoCs to demonstrate feasibility and value
- Scope, design, and develop application features using an agile software development methodology
- Determine the trade-offs in value to customers, speed of delivery to market, and technology debt
- Lead code and design reviews
- Identify opportunities to improve team workflows and processes
- Identify technical debt and advocate for paying it down
- Enhance user experience and make our user interface look awesome
- Contribute innovative features and solutions to the product roadmap
What do you need to have?
- 3 - 5 years experience writing web applications and/or RESTful APIs, at scale
- 1-3 years experience with DevOps and shell programming
- Experience in one of more of the following: Java, Python, .NET, C++, Scala, Rust
- Mastery of HTML, CSS, SQL, and Git
- Motivated by working with bleeding edge technologies and methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering work into production
- Strong object oriented and/or functional programming fundamentals
- Versatile full-stack developer (experience spanning more than just web applications)
- Passion for UX and designing thoughtful, multi-platform, customer-centric, interfaces
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism on designs and code – we work as a team
- Commitment to testing and refactoring
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a compelling and approachable way
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and AngularJS
- Experience with Terraform
- 5+ years experience with Linux configuration, management, and maintenance
- 3+ years experience hosting production applications in AWS (specifically automation of secure environment deployments, maintenance, and migrations)
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, and maintaining containerized systems
- Familiarity with Apache Mesos (DC/OS) and/or Kubernetes
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.