Join the Client Facing Team of a high growth Population Health and Analytics software company. We’re a team of friendly data geeks and healthcare experts who are passionate about helping organizations succeed in value-based care. We provide technology that enables even the most complex healthcare organizations to acquire, analyze and use the richest data to solve their most challenging issues. Ideate with the best minds in healthcare through our advisory network. Learn with engineers that get jet engines to communicate, others that spent 10 years working in the data trenches created by healthcare’s switch from fee-for-service to fee-for-value, and still others with unparalleled capabilities in using data visualization to make sense of massive data sets – all focused on pulling healthcare tech into modernity.
The Training Manager is responsible for developing and leading Arcadia’s client training program. This will include developing a customer training strategy for new clients implementing Arcadia’s platform, and on-going training opportunities for established clients. Responsible for coordinating development and maintenance of learning journey framework and training deliverables including:
- curriculums and accompanying collateral
- internal centers of excellence
- adoption strategies to improve outcomes
- webinars and other virtual learning programs
- product update communications
- user conference sessions
The training manager will also be responsible for developing a program for on-boarding new Arcadians and certifying established Arcadians on training of all aspects of Arcadia’s platform and applications. Work with various internal stakeholders and leaders to help develop and enhance processes for documentation and training clients on new releases, functionality and upgrades.
The Training Manager:
- Develop customer training strategy (short term and long term), including potential technology solutions, in alignment with company strategy and projected growth
- Responsible for coordinating development and implementation of learning journey framework and training deliverables, including onsite training guides and training collateral
- Develop plan for release/upgrade training and client communication and documentation
- Create curriculum framework and standardized training for internal employees
- Develop a knowledge management strategy for the organization around asset and expertise cultivation and maintenance
- Develop and track metrics to measure training impact
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s required - advanced degree preferred (communication, organizational development/psychology, HR, IT).
- 5+ years of experience in creating and implementing robust client facing and internal training programs
- Extensive healthcare experience, including industry knowledge of population health and value-based care required, including ability to master an in-depth understanding of our solutions, client strategic context, and industry trends to effectively advise clients as a trusted adviser in leveraging the data asset and platform.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including ability to create powerful materials in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and web-based platforms, etc. Must have the ability to lead successful client meetings with executive, operational, clinical, and technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication, facilitation, problem-solving, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Team attitude and the ability to foster team atmosphere and work cross functionally with a wide breadth of stakeholders and leaders
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.