Aquatic is a quantitative trading and investment company recently launched by Jon Graham. Prior to founding Aquatic, Jon was a Partner and Senior Managing Director at Citadel, where he worked for more than 13 years. At Citadel, Jon held numerous senior positions over the years, including head of Statistical Arbitrage and Equity High Frequency, culminating in founding and leading the highly successful Global Quantitative Strategies business.
Uncluttered by legacy platforms and processes, Aquatic will develop short- and medium-term systematic investment strategies, enabled by a leading-edge research and development platform. The vision is simple: to build a world class, quantitative investment manager with a collaborative team of highly capable researchers and engineers.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a distinguished and hugely successful quantitative investment manager at the foundational level of building a world class operation from scratch. The firm’s culture will be shaped by collaboration, meritocracy, ambition, and calm determination.
Aquatic is looking for exceptional Quantitative Researchers to create and improve proprietary trading models and strategies while working closely with engineers and senior leaders across the firm. Quantitative Researchers within Aquatic work on a variety of trading strategies and research projects, with the opportunity to conduct independent research and originate research topics over time.
Specific responsibilities range from utilizing financial and other data in an effort to create or improve predictive models, developing and/or leveraging leading-edge statistical and machine-learning models to enhance the research and development system, creating algorithms to monetize the predictive signals.
- Undergrad, MS, or PhD candidates in finance, computer science, mathematics, statistics, machine learning, physics, or other scientific discipline
- Solid mathematical and analytical ability; exceptional problem-solving and modeling ability
- Demonstrated ability to complete high level, statistical or applied mathematical research
- Prior experience in a quantitative role within a trading environment a plus
- Experience in solving highly complex, data intensive problems
- Programming proficiency in any of the following: C++, Java, R, or Python
- Strong research hygiene
- Self-motivated and highly-productive, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Intellectually curious, creative, and rigorous
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work across disciplines
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team
- Driven and tenacious approach with desire to build something scratch