Aquatic is a quantitative trading and investment company recently launched by Jon Graham. Prior to founding Aquatic, Jon was a Partner and Senior Managing Director at Citadel, where he worked for more than 13 years. At Citadel, Jon held numerous senior positions over the years, including head of Statistical Arbitrage and Equity High Frequency, culminating in founding and leading the highly successful Global Quantitative Strategies business.
Uncluttered by legacy platforms and processes, Aquatic will develop short- and medium-term systematic investment strategies, enabled by a leading-edge research and development platform. The vision is simple: to build a world class, quantitative investment manager with a collaborative team of highly capable researchers and engineers.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a distinguished and hugely successful quantitative investment manager at the foundational level of building a world class operation from scratch. The firm’s culture will be shaped by collaboration, meritocracy, ambition, and calm determination.
Aquatic is seeking a small number of exceptionally talented, highly collaborative engineers to architect and build the cutting-edge technologies that power our research and trading systems. Engineers build, test, and manage the applications that power the full life cycle of a trade – from historical and live data, to research and trading strategies, to order management and execution, and post-trade processing and analysis.
Specific responsibilities may include partnering with business leaders to define priorities and deliver custom solutions, developing distributed systems to analyze and react to incoming data in real time, creating tools for advanced mathematical modeling at scale, and/or designing and developing investment and business support systems, among others.
- Undergraduate or MS degree in computer science, engineering, or other STEM discipline
- Programming expertise in any of the following: C++, Java, R, or Python
- Experience working with Linux-based systems is preferred
- Experience with some of the following: Distributed Computing, Machine Learning, Platform Development, Networking, System Design, Low Latency Programming, and/or Web Development
- Understanding of systems programming (e.g. kernel development, compilers, embedded systems, networking, file systems, debuggers)
- Strong development hygiene
- Self-motivated and highly-productive, with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Intellectually curious, creative, and rigorous
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work across disciplines
- Driven and tenacious approach with desire to build something from scratch
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team