About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by looking past market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Our focus on practical insights and analysis has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation
About the Program
AQR’s 10 – week internship experience features the Quanta Academy: Summer Term, a structured learning program consisting of educational, skill–building and networking events. Learning is the cornerstone of our culture and plays an active role in the internship experience — through daily collaboration and interaction with employees at all levels, in workshops and classes, but mostly by working on projects that matter to the many clients we serve.
The Portfolio Solutions Group (PSG) is part of AQR’s Business Development team, a growing group dedicated to excellence in client service. PSG strives to provide industry-leading thought leadership content like papers and presentations and perform customized analyses to support clients (institutional and advisory channels) in strategic asset allocation and investment selection decisions.
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Solutions Summer Analyst who will help us develop and deliver customized analyses across a broad range of investing topics and provide support for whitepapers and presentations for AQR clients.
- Provide support to senior members of the Portfolio Solutions Group, whose objective is to deepen relationships with investors through value-added analysis and thought leadership.
- Build and maintain analytical tools.
- Perform empirical analyses and model multi-asset custom portfolios in response to investor requests.
- Develop strong AQR product and multi-asset asset class knowledge and demonstrate interest in the field.
- Liaise with other members of AQR (sales, marketing, research, portfolio management, legal) across a variety of projects – asset class modeling, tool/infrastructure development, content creation, empirical analysis for white papers, etc.
- Create and maintain up-to-date, high quality presentation materials.
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a Science, Quantitative, or Engineering Program from a top university is preferred. Liberal arts graduates with appropriate work experience will also be considered.
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Programming knowledge, especially in Python, is a plus.
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY