AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
About the Program
AQR’s 10 – week internship experience features the Quanta Academy Summer Term, a structured learning program consisting of educational, skill–building and networking events. Learning is the cornerstone of our culture and plays an active role in the internship experience — through daily collaboration and interaction with employees at all levels, in workshops and classes, but mostly by working on projects that matter to the many clients we serve.
AQR is looking for exceptionally talented undergraduates to join our team as Summer Analysts in the Business Development group. The group manages relationships with a broad cross-section of investors and financial intermediaries. The group’s role is to deepen AQR’s understanding of its clients and help provide them with solutions to achieve their investment objectives.
- Provide support to senior members of Business Development whose objective is to build and deepen relationships with investors
- Develop strong AQR product and asset class knowledge and demonstrate interest in the industry
- Liaise with other members of Business Development to update marketing materials and leverage the firm’s intellectual capital (e.g., coordinate the distribution of AQR white papers, webinars and analysis)
- Complete the investment portion of Requests for Proposal/Information and Due Diligence Questionnaires
- Interact with portfolio managers to help create and maintain up-to-date, high quality presentation materials
- Act as a point of contact for existing investors and be responsible for marshalling the full resources of the firm to coordinate responses to all investor inquiries
- Coordinate client meetings and conference calls with investors
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a Science, Quantitative, or Engineering Program from a top university is preferred. Liberal arts graduates with appropriate work experience will also be considered
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY